extra credit song plus my lack of ability

wooohooo so i have been struggling with Ableton i'm not going to lie. However, after reading the help lessons it taught me a lot. I was getting really frustrated because usually i can just play around with things on my own and figure everything out without reading directions...but this time i really couldn't do anything until i went and read how to do it. Also melissa helped me out with some of my confusion.. (thank you!!)

So i found some sounds that i am using in my senior thesis so i am def. going to make my project something i can use for my piece. I figured why not just do something i'm going to actually care about and then i can use it. maybe i wont use it but i will make it and if it works then it will work. so far i've used freesound for 2 different parts in my piece. i havent made a song out of it but i used a door opening and closing over and over again for one of the solos, and then i used the sound of metal for a transition into someone else in the beginning of a solo. I am really appreciating freesound because i used to try and find sounds on youtube and i almost killed myself over it because i could never find anything. now i can use it and download it to have it first hand--or i can use audacity and worry about picking up any background sounds. YAY! this is good that i am finally appreciating last weeks work :/

i'm hoping that tomorrow i will have ableton in front of me and we will be learning it a lot easier because last class i was just in the upmost confusion---- ableton wouldn't download and pat was explaining everything and i had no idea what he was talking about because the program wasn't sitting right in front of me to where i could do it with him. sooooo fingers crossed to more explanation and guidance with my best friend ableton.


this is my extra credit song!!
you have to wait for a few seconds before it starts playing the music...i'm not sure why but it just happens.

http://marygatling.bandcamp.com/track/i-had-the-time-of-my-life

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Presentation Discussion

Final Project_Liuyi

MUTO, a wall-painted animation