Another Sound.

Hey everyone,
I have another sound for you. For this mix I used a rhythm created by Diego Stocco, who I was introduced to by Melaney in a dance rehearsal (Mel, I found another tree mix). Anyway, Diego makes rhythms and "songs" with items in nature, trees, sand, etc. For this piece he uses a Bonsai tree. For my last mix I worked with a lot of layering. This time I did a little less layering and played around more with using effects. I used a couple chanting sounds I got from free sound, and after I layered the piece I implemented a change in pitch, a change in speed, echoing, fades and a reverse. I hope you enjoy :).

Mary, if you read this where can I find your song that you were telling me about? I looked through the blog but couldn't find it.

Also, Pat I have a question about copyrights and parodical. What are the rules as far as cutting and editing music that is initially created by another artist? Does it make a difference if it is for educational purposes and if it is not uploaded anywhere? Like for choreography a lot of times we will do minimal edits to help the music integrate better with the dance. Would this be allowed if the piece were to be shown in a larger professional concert? I am just curious and want to know more about the boundaries between using other peoples "sounds or effects" apposed to maybe a more complete "song," and also, like on ubu web, there a clips such as Dali Speaking, can I use something like that in one of my works? I just want to learn more so I am aware. Thanks so much.

Here is the link to my second piece:

http://soundcloud.com/bymelissa/project-2-indigenous-sounds

-Melissa Coleman

Comments

  1. Thanks for keying me in on more of his music! I find his process really interesting. I'll have to give his Bonsai tree recording a listen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my song is 5 posts under yours....its hooked up from freesound b.c the other one wouldn't work for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Expectations

Presentation Discussion