AV club performance and Experience I had (EXTRA CREDIT)

The first people to perform were the two girls. One playing the piano and making noise and the other on the computer making the background on the screen. This was pretty cool to me. It was very repetitive, but I liked that about it. The colors and patterns forming across the screen was interesting to look at while watching and hearing what the girl on the piano did. Very slow, drug out piano noises.

The second performer was a man who put out a ton of beats and sounds, but also mixed pictures all over the three screens. It was so interesting to me and intriguing how he used so many pictures for each slide. Each slide had it's own topic of pictures and had the title of each slide at the top of the screen. There were some serious slides, funny, popular, scary and sad. Almost all emotions and feelings. Hearing the beats and sounds he was scratching and dropping made the performance even more cool to me. I was very excited watching his performance. I would like to see him perform his own show in a longer period of time and not have to stop for the next performer.

The next section was definitely my most favorite. This was guy with the bandanna around his neck and Pat. The beats he was mixing and the piano beats were so awesome. Having Pat make the background pictures and movement on the screen was quite exciting too. The way the music goes so well with the lighting and picture movement on the screen is really awesome to me. I could have watched and listened to this guy all night. I could picture this is a club or cool electronic lounge. If he were to play in Gainesville somewhere, I think it would be a big hit for a lot of college students. Or does he already perform in Gainesville? If so where?

Next section - Sluggman.
I do not know what to think about this.
All I can say was interesting, unique, weird and surprising.

The spoken word section including the instrument player and Pat was pretty different. I liked this, but could not figure out what the speaker was talking about so it became less interesting to me. I really wanted to know and understand what he was saying. Besides that, the instrument player and Pat were great to watch.

Lastly, the Phoenix band was great!! It was exciting to see a band perform for the end of the show. I really enjoyed their music. I almost could have done without the lyrics. I loved hearing the instruments they were playing with the beats and background music. I am sure the lyrics made a lot of sense with the music and background colors and movement, but I just did not pay attention to the lyrics as much as I did the other parts of the performance.

Overall, I am glad that I attended my first AV - Digital Media performance. It was a great experience and I definitely think I will be at the next one. There are always parts that some people enjoy more than others, but that just depends on everyone's opinions. Those are my opinions and feelings about the performance!
Cant wait to hear what everyone else thinks!!!

Jac

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Expectations

Presentation Discussion