Audio links and Pure Data

I just joined the blog, so this is my first post! (sorry it's so late)
Here are the links to my in class assignment and our 3 min clip assignment.
http://cicely.bandcamp.com/track/project-1-2
http://cicely.bandcamp.com/track/project2

I played around with pd-extended and I think it's an amazing program, but really overwhelming. Before this class, the thought of creating audio files from scratch, from sound waves, would have never even occured to me. I knew people used synthesizers and computers to make music, I'd even worked the lighting and sound machines for a play before (just pushing buttons, no design obviously), but I never thought of the process being so intricate. There are so many different sound waves and effects and they can all be manipulated in different ways. It's fun just playing around with the audio examples files, but I imagine it would take a very long time to become familiar enough with pd to make an audio clip of any real length or complexity. I think even if I had an idea of what I wanted something to sound like, I would have no idea where to go within pure data to access that specific sound or effect. Even though pd seems really overwhelming right now, I'm hoping that I'll be able to understand it and learn how to navigate it more easily soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Presentation Discussion

Final Project_Liuyi

MUTO, a wall-painted animation