Steve Reich

I found the live phase music to be one the more interesting things i've heard. I feel that the idea to start something in synchronization, with that harmony of repetition we all enjoy, but letting it change allows us to hear something being created as we listen. I find that as the music or sound progresses, something new is formed with each notice change in rhythm as it gets more and more out of phase. Steve Reich's Music for 18 Musicians was amazing, the feel of waves of sound coming from it were incredible. I ended up just playing with his music for awhile just opening different video windows and playing with time of each video and starting them. No matter how much I added it all kind of fit together.Also, I found what appears to be a random phase music generator but i'm having a few issues getting it to run, so I dont' know yet if it works or not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Presentation Discussion

Final Project_Liuyi

MUTO, a wall-painted animation