Hey,
So I decided to check out the blog and I got into reading everyone's posts. I really liked listening to the links for all of these minimalist composers. They were such pioneers and risk takers, liberating themselves from the traditional principles of "good" composition. Of course that got me thinking about dance... surprise! Loop based composition also plays a role and has a history in dance; resulting in many collaborations between minimalist musicians and choreographers. As I looked at the posts and watched more videos, I came across a work entitled 'Fase' by european choreographer, Anne Theresa DeKeersmaeker. Set in four movements to the music of Steve Reich, the collaboration was completed in 1982. I think it really captures the idea of minimalist esthetic.
take a look...this is a short excerpt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxXiHD4LmiE


In other news.. I found some pretty sweet things on ubuweb. There were several interesting articles and countless recordings that I would love to utilize down the road. I was able to find and use this retro Bollywood recording in my audacity sound score. Pretty cool.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Presentation Discussion

Final Project_Liuyi

MUTO, a wall-painted animation