PureData (en)


After playing with PD's audio example A-F, I was intrigued by the "fusion" one. I started playing with the pitches and different arrangements of outputs and overtones. The idea of making sinusoids is completely foreign to me. To my ear, it was more pleasant when the pitch below middle c was lower, however, I think it is interesting that the harmonics can reach such a high pitch. This is something that computers can simulate and that fascinates me. This is keeping on the theme of periodical music in a series of harmonically tuned sinusoids. The definition of a sinusoid it the sine wave or sinusoid is a mathematical function that describes a smooth repetitive oscillation. I think this is so interesting that it is all mathematical functions, and that sound travels in waves. Everything is so related. It is our job to find the themes.


http://en.flossmanuals.net/PureData/Oscillators

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Presentation Discussion

Final Project_Liuyi

MUTO, a wall-painted animation