AV Club Extra Credit Performance

I attended the AV Club performance on Thursday and it was definitely an interesting experience. One of the works that I really found interesting was the second piece. The audience sent words  from their cellphones into some sort of image generator which was projected as the performer created music. I felt that this work was a great way to keep the audience intrigued and engaged; I for one couldn't stop checking to see if any of my suggestions would pop up, and the music was also very interesting. The piece right after that was also really engaging... I could imagine myself at a huge rave or party due to to the mixture of the thumping music and crazy projection show. I did question a few things though. I wasn't sure exactly what was happening in the first piece. Was the performer with the laptop creating those projections in the moment in response to the other performer's playing? Also with the image generator piece, I was interested in the wonderful quality of the images...does the generator search for a certain type of resolution? These were a few things I was thinking about as I watched the show.

Though I had to leave early, I'm glad I came. It was a form of performance art I had never experienced.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Presentation Discussion

Final Project_Liuyi

MUTO, a wall-painted animation