Pure Data

When first using Pure Data in class, I was very confused as to how it even worked let alone how you would utilize it in any digital media setting (other than controlling lights). Using it now, though, I understand it a little more but mostly in regards to how changing say, the oscillator, will affect the sound of the output. Most of it is still over my head but the Youtube video Melissa posted did help quite a bit. One of the examples I found interesting though was the fusion one. It was cool to see how laying with the overtone combinations could change the output so drastically.

Overall, I do hope to learn more about PD because although it does create seemingly simple synths, it seems like a very powerful (but difficult) program. Each synth can be fine tuned to a crisp. I just wish I understood how it actually does that. Thinking about it now, too, I see how this would be a cool program for a producer to use in making customized synths or sounds. Each piece would truly be unique.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Presentation Discussion

Final Project_Liuyi

MUTO, a wall-painted animation