French Minimalist Contemporary Composer

  I am really interested in the idea of minimalism in all art forms. I am feeling that sometimes with dance and maybe visual arts as well, minimalism is hard to appreciate, and that is because there are minimal details or movement or color or whatever the medium may be. But thats what attracts me so much to it because each detail is rich and worth my time to explore. So I began to research contemporary minimalist composers and came across a french composer who seems to be very well known. His name is Guillaume Yann Tiersen. He composed for the french movie Amalie. I think his compositions are so imaginative and textured but with many restrictions. I think you will all enjoy and probably have listened before to his music. 
Here is a link- the music is great! 
Enjoy :)  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Presentation Discussion

Final Project_Liuyi

MUTO, a wall-painted animation