Midterm Reviews

Ernesto: The presentation was attention grabbing and well done overall. The powerpoint fit well with the use of video as examples. I think you combined images, text from the book and sound very successfully and made a powerful statement. I’m still interested in this dragon in Second Life. Interesting. (10)

Donna: I think this project is very applicable to current digital culture because so many people are flocking to programs such as Second Life for various of reasons (social, educational, etc.) I have never been able to actually “feel” like I was actually doing and seeing the things I was doing and seeing in virtual reality. I am interested to see reactions from other people after touring Costa Rica. Also, well presented with images from all of trying to teleport and the group shot. (10)

John: I think one of the cool things about a blog is that you can, if you choose, get feedback from all kind of people that you would not have the chance to otherwise. I like the idea that you have individual accounts of how people deal with their own anger. The blog was a good way to present your material. It was a lot to take in with the video (hilarious), the anger blog and the bike blog. Maybe focus on one for final? (9)

Ray: It seemed like a great website with a well thought out advertising strategy. The only thing I would say is that I would like to see more examples of design work. It might have been on the site, and I just didn’t realize it. Maybe a gallery of past work? (8)

Matt: Aside from technical difficulties, which we all suffered from, I thought the project was really successful. I think voiced tutorials along with screen shots of what you are doing are the most helpful tools in learning something new on the computer. Yours were fairly uncomplicated for someone who had no previous knowledge of what a terminal tip might be. (10)

Aaron: Personal websites are always a great idea, especially when job hunting (or so I’m told). Just wondering if it was for personal value or to further your professional career? If it’s the latter, I would suggest changing the type to something that is really easy to read. (8)

Diego: The video really showed how different clips can be manipulated and pieced together to create a single message. Even if that was not there original purpose, they showed how far we have come (and how much we take for granted). (10)

Kevina: YouTube rocks for so many reasons, which you proved in your presentation. The website incorporated sound, video and images flawlessly. I just watch Man vs. Second Life – really funny! (9)

Alberto: I think your computer problems turned into a really promising project opportunity (unfortunately?) – switching operating systems can’t be easy. I thought the animations were very good for someone with little experience with the program! (9)

Wayne: The message of what the video was trying to accomplish and the inspiration behind it was very clear and well presented. Wondering- what was the motivation behind CVS and the music used? Overall – totally enjoyed the utilization of stop motion, (9)

Nate: I had never heard of machinima, but now have a lot of respect for it. I saw the other YouTube clip on the class blog and thought yours was just as good as that one. The camera work, settings, characters etc must have been very tedious to arrange and edit. Can’t wait to see what you’ll come up with for the final. (10)

Tiva: The Japanese pop music was completely fascinating. I think your topic is really interesting. I remember the clip from your YouTube playlist with the music being played on the streets and people’s reactions. I think Americans would have quite interesting reactions. As far as the program you used, I didn’t exactly understand it or how you used it to get those results, but it seemed perfect for what you were doing. (10)

Nicola: Inspiration was new to me and was a great resource for your project. Your “vlog” on where to get the good coffee was funny and informational – things like that are a great way to make people feel welcome or more acquainted. (9)

Teresa: Cool website. I thought it was visually interesting and made me want to make one. Was it just for fun? It seems like a good way to organize your work. (9)

Chris: I was really impressed with the animated .gif file. I think that tacking something that was completely foreign was ambitious, but well done. What with it not working for Macs – bah. (9)

David: The blog is a fantastic way to let the kids show off their new skills. The blog can help in lots of ways: for you to show what you have done as a teacher, to let the kids watch themselves online (always a thrill) and to show their parents. Great use of images and sound. (9)

Namon: The website was well done and the sped-up drawing was very cool. It could be a great teaching tool for amateur artists. Maybe could have explained a little more about the creation of the site or inspiration behind it? (8)

Collins: I totally missed out on the first portion of the presentation because of sound issues, but after that I realized the music went well with the project (using the snowman trail song from Mario). Very clever! And the program, Blender, was really interesting and new to me. You did a good job of showing your steps and explaining how you made the snowman. (8)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Expectations

Presentation Discussion