Merce Cunningham

It seems to me that every person we read about or hear about in this class is always an acquaintance, friend, or collaborator with someone else we've learned about. All the innovators of our time seem to be connected together by their genius and their insight into the future. As I read about Merce Cunningham, I learned that he collaborated with John Cage, another person who we have previously talked about.
Everything about Merce seemed to radiate a love of the bodily movement he excelled at. Several of his videos that I saw online were extraordinary. They grabbed my attention with their energy and seeming spontaneity. He used every aspect of the performance to bring the observer in. His use of projectors also stunned me by how well they meshed with the performances.
Merce Cunningham was an innovator and explorer in the art of dance, his presence is sure to be missed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Expectations

Presentation Discussion