GEM exploration - the movie

I think it is a really cool program. I went online to did some research about GEM because I have no idea how to explore it. I get a general idea about it now after I read some introduction of GEM, GEM is the Graphics Environment for Multimedia. From the introduction I read, it is not an application. It is a library that Pd loads at run-time. But it is still too hard for me to actually do some thing with it. I tried every one under 'Pix'. My favorite one was the movie. When I change the number of the frame, the object moves like a video, the little people run and then fell down. When I change the number of 'rotateXYZ', the object can be spined around so that you can view it from different angle. This is pretty cool.

However, I still have difficulty to understand it. I found a website, there is a lot of information about GEM, PD, etc. I read some of them, they are too complicated for me....
Hope it will be helpful for you all.

http://gem.iem.at/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Presentation Discussion

Final Project_Liuyi

MUTO, a wall-painted animation