Name That Hook

Just finished up on my loop of a famous hook. See if you can guess what it is! I modified it a good bit using both Abelton and Audacity, but I think it should be pretty easy to figure out.

<a href="http://waningphase.bandcamp.com/track/rolling-stones-hook">Rolling Stones Hook by Waning Phase</a>


This was a really fun project to do, and it helped me to understand Ableton and Audacity a lot better. Having a pre-existing song to work with was much easier, and I was able to go deeper into the controls in order to create a seemless loop. I also was able to learn how to play with the VST Plugins without making it sound like "dogmeat". (hopefully!)

Ever since we started discussing hooks in class, I've been paying attention to hooks on the radio and in the songs I listen to on my iPod. I've definitely noticed that 90% of modern popular music is pushing more towards the electronic "dance" scene, and there is a lot of looping going on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Expectations

Presentation Discussion