A bundle of topics- Lee "Scratch" Perry to Granular Synthesis to Name that Riff

Varese-Edgard-and-Le-Corbusier_Poeme-Electronique_1958
I wonder why he used the sounds he did, and what they all mean. I also wonder how he made all those sounds. They take the listener through a range of emotions- from alarm to tranquility. I would like to see this piece performed.

Lee “Scratch” Perry
First off, I was happy to find out that Lee “Scratch” Perry is still alive, and has a working MySpace page. He’s obviously a pretty cool guy, and I like reggae so his music was nice too.

Xenakis Concrete PH
This piece is interesting. I think we mentioned in class that it sounds like the beads of a rain stick passing very slowly. It’s surprisingly soothing though—something I could even fall asleep to. It begins to get more intense as it goes on. Sounds cool though!

Granular Synthesis Example

This example is an artistic piece made by someone as an autobiography of his or her “first six years of life.” Super interesting! Sounds really cool.

Name that riff! Shouldn’t be too hard.
Name that track!!! by Gaby Izarra

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Presentation Discussion

Final Project_Liuyi

MUTO, a wall-painted animation