MothLight:
After watching the video again, I came to the conclusion that I was not a big fan. Naturally, when I look at pieces of work (art, video, music, etc.) I try and find a theme, message, story,etc. Here I just saw a convoluted sequence of images that had no story to tell or vision. Again this is just my personal opinion, but flashing (what 9 fps, frames per second) of random moth wings illuminated by the camera projection just doesnt do it for me. I understand the artistic value in the time he spend making these by hand and thus I respect that aspect, but just because something is custom and took a long time doesnt mean it is art, or does it? Maybe I'm wrong, but I wasn't convinced by this piece.

The Very Eye of Night:
Unlike MothLight, I really enjoyed Maya Deren's The Very Eye of Night. First I love the motion, the camera work and the technology for that time. I love the early stage keying of the dancers and placing them in a space back drop. I can't imagine how it was done without After Effects or Photoshop, very impressive. I felt like this piece was going somewhere and was trying to convey some sort of message through the movement of the dancers. I liked the fluidity of the piece.

PD:
As for PD, I had a blast exploring the tutorials Pat proposed. The video was great, I loved working with the camera settings and changing the multiple parameters to making different looks. PD suprised me, I thought this program was going to be a flop, but in the end, was a blast to mess around in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Presentation Discussion

Final Project_Liuyi

MUTO, a wall-painted animation