My Thoughts on Dane Rudhyar

It's amazing how prolific Dane Rudhyar was throughout his career. He seemed to gather momentum with his writings in the later years of his life. He was obviously brilliant, graduating from the University of Paris at the age of 16. Reading about Rudhyar, I just pictured his days being filled with thoughts always consuming his head, where he couldn't put them down on paper fast enough. He seemed to have great knowledge of many different areas of study and interest with key ones being: astrology, writing, painting/drawing and music. When researching Rudhyar I became most interested in his drawings and paintings.


http://www.khaldea.com/rudhyar/cradledone.shtml


I enjoy his soft use of vibrant colors and the relationship his geometric shapes have with one another. I am not normally a big fan of ambiguous art like his, but I rather enjoyed his paintings. I think of them as a mix between the hard lines and geometric shapes of cubism, but having the color and shadows of a Salvador Dali painting from the surrealist movement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Expectations

Presentation Discussion