"Telepresence refers to a set of technologies which allow a person to feel as if they were present, to give the appearance that they were present, or to have an effect, at a location other than their true location." - Wikipedia Telepresence is commonly seen at theme parks. A prime example of this is The Simpsons ride. A video is displayed on a screen, but that is not the only sense being invoked. Surround sound allows the participant to hear in all directions, movement allows them to feel like they're actually falling, and machine generated smells top it off. With telepresence the participant does not simply observe the attraction, they experience it.
I understand that he was trying to establish a wholeness idea for human being, however the video itself confused me. It may be due to the fact that I have not read his works, and only grasp a small portion of what he is talking about. But if I spent more time looking into his works, I might be able to see the true deep meanings of what he was trying to say.
ReplyDelete