Oscillator and how awesome it is.

I'm writing this post to share with students some info on Oscillator. What it is and how it can be used and how I've used it.

Oscillator is an open sound control software that allows you to connect devices to MAX7 and manipulate data with those very devices.  Another cool function is that once you've connected your device you can assign it controls, or midi notes. Giving you the ability to create an interactive game or instrument.  I used it recently to connect a Wii remote to Max and manipulate a visual to do what I want solely based on toggles and controls. With the remote I can control the shape, the structure, orientation and color of the visual. Without having to touch my laptop.

Moreover I've also found out how to connect my phone to the program in order to manipulate and control the visual.

If you're looking to create anything interactive with the use of another device. Oscillator is definitely a good start. It's not crazy hard to figure out and you can do some pretty awesome stuff with it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Presentation Discussion

Final Project_Liuyi

MUTO, a wall-painted animation